Reason #1 To Manipulate
Some people use mind games to selfishly manipulate others so they can get what they want to meet their own unmet needs. This may include:
- always having someone by their side
- having someone adore them
- a need to control someone
- hoping another person will heal their deepest hurts
- boosting their self-image because they have someone to show off to others
- having someone to listen to them
Not all these needs are wrong, or unhealthy. It is the way they go about getting those needs met that can be selfish and hurtful.
So what should you do in this case?
Call Their Bluff
It’s very important for the person who’s playing mind games with you to know that you know the game is being played. You may want to confront them directly, and ask what exactly their motives are in your relationship. This will do one of two things: it will either challenge them to stop the games with you and move on to someone else, or they’ll quit not only messing with your head, but also with your heart. You don’t need to waste time with mind players. Who needs the drama? Not you! Read about how to have a meaningful relationship here.
One thought on “Reasons Why People Play Mind Games”
Reblogged this on Madison Elizabeth Baylis.