Its difficult not to wallow in your own self pity when you are alienated from your children and spending Christmas Day on your own.
I have learnt to be inventive one the years and cope with my birthday and Christmas both being on the same day 25th December.
Here are a few things to think about:-
- Buy yourself some presents in advance to unwrap during the holidays
- Binge an Netflix or a series of movies you’ve never seen
- Or hand out food and products to people without homes
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Unplug from technology
- Host a food-filled open house for anyone else who has nowhere to go
- Surround yourself with friends, aka your chosen family
- And because you can do whatever you want, eat chocolate all day