- There are many reasons why you might use drugs and alcohol.
- Some people use them to try and deal with their symptoms of their mental illness. This is called ‘self-medication’.
- Drugs and alcohol can make the symptoms of your mental illness worse.
- Some drugs may make it more likely for you to get a mental illness, and they may make it harder to treat.
- Mental health, and drug and alcohol services should work together to give you the support you need.
- If you have any problems getting help, you could make a complaint.