What evidence can I send to prove that I am estranged from my parents?

You must provide a letter or statement from an independent person with good standing in the community, such as a professional person, which confirms you are irreconcilably estranged from your parents.

You must have had no contact with either parent for at least 12 months, although exceptions can be considered to this timeframe, to be deemed as irreconcilably estranged from your parents. Just living apart from them or their unwillingness to provide their information on your application will not be considered.

This independent person should have known you and your circumstances for a substantial amount of time, however must not be a relation or close friend of the family.

The letter or statement should be on headed paper and include the following information about the independent person;

  • Their full name 
  • Their job title
  • Their contact details
  • The capacity in which they know you
  • How long they have known you
  • How long you have been estranged from your parents and how long they have been aware of the circumstances regarding the estrangement

Author: Linda Turner

Coaching and Therapy Currently studying Psychotherapy , Cognitive psychology, Hypnotherapy. Qualified NLP, EMDR and CBT therapist. REIKI Master. I believe in truth, honesty and integrity! ≧◔◡◔≦

Leave a Reply, All comments will be moderated - Many thanks for your contribution

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: