Q & A – How to prove a family member has damaged my property?

Proving that a family member has damaged property can be a difficult and sensitive issue. It is important to gather evidence to support your claim, which can include photographs, witness statements, and any other relevant documentation.

If the damage is significant, it may be necessary to involve the police and report the incident as a criminal offense. The police can investigate the matter and gather evidence, which can be used to support a claim for compensation or to pursue legal action.

If the damage is not criminal in nature, you may be able to pursue a civil claim for compensation through the courts. To do this, you will need to demonstrate that the family member was responsible for the damage, and that the damage caused financial loss or other harm. Evidence of the damage, such as photographs or invoices for repair costs, can be useful in supporting your claim.

It may be helpful to seek legal advice from a solicitor or specialist in family law, who can advise you on the best course of action and help you navigate the legal process. They can also provide guidance on the types of evidence that may be required to support your claim, and can help you to build a strong case for compensation.

By Linda C J Turner

Coaching and Therapy
Currently studying Psychotherapy , Cognitive psychology, Hypnotherapy.
Qualified NLP, EMDR and CBT therapist.
REIKI Master.
I believe in truth, honesty and integrity! ≧◔◡◔≦

Leave a Reply, All comments will be moderated - Many thanks for your contribution

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.