EMOTIONAL ABUSE Grandparent alienation Hostile Aggressive Parenting LINDA C J TURNER PARENTAL ALIENATION Parental Alienation PA Pathogenic Parenting Q & A with #LindaCJTurner

Q & A – Dealing with and adult child damaged by parental alienation?

Parental alienation can be incredibly damaging to a child, particularly when it occurs during their formative years. If you suspect that your adult child has been affected by parental alienation, here are some steps you can take:

  1. Validate their feelings: It’s important to acknowledge your adult child’s feelings and let them know that you understand how difficult this situation has been for them. Let them know that you’re there to support them and that you want to help in any way you can.
  2. Avoid criticizing the other parent: It’s important to avoid criticizing the other parent or speaking negatively about them, even if you believe they were responsible for the parental alienation. This can further alienate your child and make it more difficult for them to heal.
  3. Encourage therapy: Consider encouraging your adult child to seek therapy. A therapist can provide a safe and non-judgmental space for your child to process their feelings and work through the trauma of parental alienation.
  4. Work to rebuild trust: Rebuilding trust with an adult child who has been affected by parental alienation can take time and patience. It’s important to be consistent and reliable, and to keep communication open and honest.
  5. Seek legal assistance: In some cases, parental alienation can be considered a form of emotional abuse, and legal action may be necessary to protect your child’s rights. Consider seeking the assistance of a family law attorney who can help you explore your options and take appropriate action.

Remember, recovering from parental alienation can be a long and difficult journey, but with patience, empathy, and professional support, your adult child can begin to heal and rebuild their relationships.

By Linda C J Turner

Coaching and Therapy
Currently studying Psychotherapy , Cognitive psychology, Hypnotherapy.
Qualified NLP, EMDR and CBT therapist.
REIKI Master.
I believe in truth, honesty and integrity! ≧◔◡◔≦

One reply on “Q & A – Dealing with and adult child damaged by parental alienation?”

Leave a Reply, All comments will be moderated - Many thanks for your contribution

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.