- Rather than try to offer advice, practice asking “How” or “What” questions, i.e. How do you feel about that? or What do you think your next step is?
- Practice talking about yourself rather than being the therapist in your relationships; share the latest news in your life
- Take healthy space from the broken people in your life; allot time for conversations with them and limit it to what feels good not exhausting.
- Practice exercising your boundaries and what you need.
- Reconnect to your sense of spirituality.
- Start listening to your intuition and gut reactions.
- Expand your network and connect with people who inspire & uplift you.
- Start building a deep relationship with your patterns of behavior and becoming conscious of them.
We all have stories and scars.
We find beauty through the broken times. Continue reading “How to Stop Being the Rescuer.”