Finding a qualified mental health professional who has experience in dealing with parental alienation can be a challenging task. Here are some suggestions on where to look:
- Referrals from family law attorneys: Family law attorneys who have experience working with parental alienation cases may have contacts with mental health professionals who specialize in this area. They can provide you with a list of qualified professionals who have experience working with families affected by parental alienation.
- Referrals from support groups: Support groups for families affected by parental alienation may also have recommendations for mental health professionals who have experience working with this issue. These groups may be found online or in-person in your local community.
- Online directories: There are online directories that specialize in helping individuals find mental health professionals with experience in treating parental alienation. Examples include the National Parental Alienation Directory and the Parental Alienation Institute.
- Professional associations: Professional associations such as the American Psychological Association, National Association of Social Workers, or the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy may have directories of qualified mental health professionals who specialize in family therapy and have experience working with parental alienation.
- Personal referrals: You may also ask for referrals from trusted friends, family members, or healthcare providers who may have had experience with a qualified mental health professional who specializes in parental alienation.
It is important to note that finding the right mental health professional for your specific needs and situation may take some time and research. It is essential to seek out someone who has experience and training in working with parental alienation, and who you feel comfortable working with.
©Linda Turner http://parentalalienationpas.com 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.